Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-05-2012 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber

My Mountain Troll

Here is my Mountain Troll animated, I posted the un-rigged model up a few weeks ago, This was created this using Maya, Mudbox and compt it in AE.

Feedback appreciated
Thanks
the intro is a bit long might take it off later. user added image

Final_Troll_Project_HD on Vimeo

# 2 11-05-2012 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
The intro is definitely a bit too long - I'd shorten it, but it's looks pretty cool - do you happen to have a tutorial for it? The rotation looks great (like the SFX - you might add some simple instrumental track in the background, or not). End the clip at 50sec mark.

# 3 11-05-2012 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
do you have any facial rigging i think it'd be cool for it to roar instead of just walking.

# 4 11-05-2012 , 07:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Oh I agree with Mamoruk a roar would be really nice on it might give it the extra little push it needs to land you a job

- Jake
# 5 11-05-2012 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
This is my first realistic character I have created, the Face is just has a simple rig, as the project was more focused on sculpting and using displacement maps etc, with some simple animations, now I am more confident with rigging I will try some facial rigging as well as blend shapes. I have just recently purchased the surfing with the Alien from here, so going to have ago at that now.

# 6 11-05-2012 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
good luck to you sir, it came out really well user added image