Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-12-2005 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber

Where can I get Fusion trial?

I'm just getting to the end of the Apache tutorial, which has been an excellent education for me - its filled in a lot of blanks -- Thanks muchly, Mr K.Brown!!

but I dont have any compositing software, I've found trial versions for combustion, after effects etc, but none for Fusion. It shouldnt be a problem for me to figure out how to do it on another program, but if anyone can tell me where i can get Fusion's trial then that would be good user added image

This is how its lookin so far:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-12-2005 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
I'm not 100% sure but when I last looked at Fusion, you could request a demo of it, but you needed to first contact them. Have you checked there site?

# 3 15-12-2005 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, I could just email them, but as far as i can see, they only talk about fusion 5, so i was wondering if Fusion 4 Trial would be available for download somewhere? - or perhaps if anyone else has a copy of the trial install file they could email me??
I've done a fair amount of searching without success.

-- but yeah, i suppose i should just email them and get v5, - would that be better than using say, After Effects for example?

Ive been trying Combustion trial and that leaves a big red X on anything output, I'm guessing something similar happens in most trial versions??

# 4 15-12-2005 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
What did you think of the above tutorial? I've actually been thinking of getting the Apache Animation tutorial, but wasn't sure because of fusion being used in the compositing.

I have got AE.

Cheers
Paul

# 5 15-12-2005 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
Have a look here they are working on a learning edition of Fusion 5. They also have a time limited version of Fusion 5 for evaluation. You need to email their sales team.

Cheers
Paul

# 6 15-12-2005 , 09:17 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, I guess emailing them is gonna be the only way.

K Brown's Annimation Tute is v good. It gets you into using Image based lighting in ment ray, Expressions (for turning rotors), applying 2D blur as a post process (so u dont have to rerender if u want to change it), Use of camera as projector for textures in environment (i for 1 didnt know u cud do that!), and, ofcourse stuff like keyframing, graph editor, env sky, motion path, and compositing. I havent looked much at the compositing tutes yet, cos of my lil prob. All compositing is done in the last two parts.

# 7 15-12-2005 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the info, I might have to buy more points user added image I have enough to buy it but I want to get some other tuts first. I like the idea of seeing it all put together from beginning to end.

I would love to see your final animation once you get it done.

BTW: The render above of your Helli looks good!

Cheers
Paul