Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-04-2006 , 11:05 AM

Glowing Material

How can I create a material that looks like it is glowing? Like a car light at night or something?

# 2 11-04-2006 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
Create a sphere for example, assign a texture to it. Then go to the attributes of your material. You should now see a field that is labeled glow. Open it check the glow box, and there you go.
If you open the hypershade on a clean - empty scene you see three basic materials, lambert1, particle cloud and another one whose name I forgot. But when you open the atributes of this last one you get a lot of options concerning the glow, enabeling you to really tweak it and get the look you want.

I hope it helpeduser added image

# 3 12-04-2006 , 10:56 PM

Originally posted by farbtopf
I hope it helpeduser added image

It did, thank you. user added image

# 4 12-04-2006 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
welcome user added image

# 5 13-04-2006 , 05:18 AM
In order to create a glow. u refferred to a cars headlight or something like that which emits light.

It is better to use a spot light which u may find under the lights.