Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-05-2007 , 11:14 AM

how to import a basic image

hi anyone who gets this message i would really really apreciate your help how do you just import a basic image in to maya 7.0 yes you guessed it i am new to it all i just need to get help from one of you people that understands maya software i have to give it to you you are verry clever people email me if possible ianandhyde@yahoo.co.uk thanx so much people

# 2 02-05-2007 , 04:55 PM
If you want to import an image as an image plane:

1) in one of the orthographic views (top, front or side), choose View -> Image Plane -> Import Image...

2) Browse to your image and choose it.

If you want to import an image as a texture or material:

1) Create a simple shader; blin, lambert, phong, etc...

2) With the shader selected, open up the attribute editor (ctrl + a); across from "color" there is an image of a black-and-white checker. Click it.

3) A window should open up; choose file.

4) Your attribute editor should update to show the file node of the material network; next to the blank line, there is a folder icon. Click it.

5) Browse to your image and choose it.

Hope that helps ^_^

# 3 03-05-2007 , 01:42 PM

hi

hi there thanx friend 4 helping me out you are amazing and it works fantastic big gold star for you from me thanx again so much i really really do apreciate your help if it wasnt 4 people liuke you having the knowlage i would have no chance at all