Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-05-2007 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber

What is your way?

I asked me, how would I create Geom wich must be one part, and can´t build with primitives!
Probably a gear with 73 cogs.
How would you create it ?

Is it a Mel command, or a way of unlimeted calculating processes?

I know that maya is working, when his adminisstrator has done his homework in maths! user added image

I´m courius to see what where your ways!

Happy threading...

# 2 09-05-2007 , 02:40 AM
# 3 09-05-2007 , 03:54 AM
Subscriber
for such things there is at highend3d a toolset called Davveys and its in different variations there. door, gear, belt, whatever generator. never tried that but think its worth a look.

greets

# 4 10-05-2007 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber
what do you mean by geom? got any pictures of it

# 5 10-05-2007 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber
I mean with geom- Geometry! You don´t know that shortname?

I was interisted in the various ways of modeling complex material. I found out that there are a few ways.
Everybody of us learn 3D in different ways and also in different kinds of succeed!
Whats your way to model a Gear with 73 teeth? Marlon...

# 6 12-05-2007 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
i have no idea how you would complete that maybe just make a flat circle thing and then extrude out the gears. but the way i would start is find a really big hammer!

Do what you like, like what you do.