Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-08-2012 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber

Hard edges, help!

Hi can anyone help me, I have never used harden edges before when modelling but for this model for jason Edwards speeder I am trying to harden these edges, but for the life of me they still remain soft edges, I have tried to research as much as I can, I read somewhere you can check 'Keep hard edges on' in the channel box but I can't see this anywhere. Iam running maya 11.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-08-2012 , 04:37 PM
The thin red line
Hard edge is that what the tutorial said to do?...............dave

# 3 28-08-2012 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
yes he said to harden the edges around the cockpit area, I normally insert edge loops to create harder edges or use the crease tool, but I thought I would do it this way to see if it would improve my workflow, and now am on a mission to find out why its not working

# 4 28-08-2012 , 06:07 PM
Hi,

if you have smoothed by selecting mesh>smooth, you will have the option of "keeping hard edges" in the channel box on the left. But it looks like you are using subdivision preview (activated by pressing "3") which I don't believe respects hard edges.

gubar