Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-03-2004 , 05:38 PM

smoothing objects together

I made a character's head out of a poly sphere and then made a nose out of half a poly sphere and placed the nose in the right position. I did my best to line up everything so it looks decent, but I want to "blend" the area on the bridge of the nose into the head. How can I do this? They are still two separate objects grouped together at this point.

Thanks,
Stu

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-03-2004 , 05:44 PM
Turn them both to wireframe, use the poly split and trace around the intersection point on the head where the nose enters the head, then delete the faces on the nose that go in the head, and the faces on the head where the nose comes in. Then use merge edges. Make sure the head and the nose are combined polys so they are one shape and that all the vertexes match. You can split faces to make them match as you merge them,

cool?

Lungs not guns....