Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 06-04-2004 , 03:03 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Guys
Thanx for your support and crits. I was inspired by the spaghetti westerns and Star Wars to help me create what I want to do, I've been designing and writing for the best part of a year and a half and now I get to do the cool bit!!!

Thanx again
JANGO

Last edited by Jay; 07-04-2004 at 08:22 AM.
# 17 07-04-2004 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
I'll follow ur texturing up close ...u using just photoshop or u already have a skin shader? great work

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 18 07-04-2004 , 08:34 PM
Anita, we must stop meeting like this!! Just kidding!!! Hey thanks again, follow my texturing huh? Cool!

Yeah using Photoshop for this, but also Im armed with a really cool Nikon Digital camera. The actual characters face is actually a friend of mine who was just ideal for the 'sheriff'. We do Maya all day at work making characters and environments so we get to roam around annoying different people taking pics and stuff for textures.
The textures are his skin too, they were shot at 4thousand dpi so they're quite big. Have attached an image in the early stage of modelling and you can see my friends face on the camera planes

Thanx Again,

Jango

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 07-04-2004 , 09:39 PM
And a Wire of the clothing

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 09-04-2004 , 09:39 AM
Heres the first texture job for this model, its going quite well, I need to tweak the eye brows a bit just above the lids and the inner bit near the top of the nose though.

Jango

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 09-04-2004 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
jango man this is really cool user added image
hope to see some animations

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 22 09-04-2004 , 08:58 PM
Hey MumboJumbo

Thank you, I'm gonna make the scar a bit wider too!! Hopefully post again tomorrow

Jango

# 23 09-04-2004 , 09:41 PM
Very nice mate.. textures look promising...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 24 09-04-2004 , 11:23 PM
Here is an observation or food for though. There are two things that are always done. One is if you build a mech people always feel it needs a mini gun and if you build a soldier or figter you nead a verticle cut over the eye. He is a brawler isn't he. You could give him a scar on the bridge of the nose or running along the check bone or brow line were the bone cuts the skin as it is pinched. Just a though to be a bit deferent but still having that tough look. The modeling and texture do look really good. Techniqually this is done very well.

# 25 10-04-2004 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
euuh just superb user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 26 10-04-2004 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
looks like ur friend !

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 27 10-04-2004 , 03:55 PM
Hi Guys
Firstly, thanx again for your comments and praise.

Rick: hey dude you're absolutely right, the scar is where people would expect it. The character isn't a brawler though, he's a Keeper of the Peace in town, but has done his bit in the past, that you'll get to find out once I've told the story in the graphic novel. It will make sense, trust me, its a scar from experience, you could say!!

Originally I was gonna make the scars smaller like Jango Fett in Episode 2, he has small dark ones, and they tell a story too, I might STILL do that sort of thing.
Also once the bump map is done he'll look older too.

# 28 10-04-2004 , 04:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice job. user added image

# 29 11-04-2004 , 06:08 PM
Hey Dudes and Dudettes

Happy Easter!! Heres the final texture,bumps and spec etc

I have a question, do you think he needs eyebrows or not?? I'm asking as you dont notice he hasn't got any but.......

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 11-04-2004 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber
awesome job both model and texture!

regarding the eyebrows.. you made such a great effort with the model and texture so i'd say YES he needs eyebrows to honor your hard work. Otherwise it would just be another halfway done WIP.

Details do count. No one will notice the tiny details you made (we do, but we are Maya geeks), but if you dont put those little details in, everyone will see they are missing. user added image

looking forward to see textures on the rest of the model user added image

/rotbol

Kim Rotbøl-Larsen

www.rotbol.dk
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 W.I.P