Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 27-06-2006 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
no I meant the dvd lol sorry for confusion, didnt know if you no longer used it

Last edited by mmoore5553; 27-06-2006 at 08:41 PM.
# 17 27-06-2006 , 08:50 PM
hehe! no selling copies either : D

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 18 27-06-2006 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
hhahahha you said copies lmao

I am at work and laughing so hard on that one

# 19 28-06-2006 , 05:59 AM
lol! whatever nonesense comes out of my mouth, my dvds will stay here and not leave my house. haha!

# 20 28-06-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
Good morning Falott!! I read some of my emails to you and I am sure that you have noticed also that I don't spell too well when I am typing and thinking at the same time. Thank goodness for spell checking. I am going to look at your work in humanModeling as soon as I write this. I am anxious to see it.

And this Haunted house seems as if it will last me as long as your project that lasted a year. But all in all it is fun, even if some don't see what rewards you get from it.

I have spent time since we last spoke, and I also enjoy our conversations, I have worked on the BEVELING. I am sending a picture of the little house from the Haunted House scene that I have redone. Is this what you were talking about? I am so glad that you have turned me on to beveling. Had no idea in what a difference it will make. Let me know if the bevel is too much, but my eye thinks it looks good and once it gets textured it should look ok.

Do have a GOOD day Falott and practice your English with me whenever you like!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 28-06-2006 , 05:14 PM
it does look different from the first. it has more volume than before. about the parameters, trust your own eyes. if it looks good to you, it´ll be fine. once you have a lot of detail in the scene it will even look better. but for now the house has undergone big enhencement I think.

# 22 28-06-2006 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
Yes, I am alot more pleased with it also. I am waiting about the texturing. I have 2 DVD's coming. One is on Shaders and the other on Rendering. Like Alice that feel down the hole. The more I try to find an answer, the deeper I have to go. But a good journey is fun once in awhile.

I appreciate your opinion, as I don't know anyone that does this stuff that I can share with. And another eye to look at it is what I had hoped for. Thanks, again, for you thoughts and help.

It is very hot in Palm Springs, Ca were I live. But a dry hot and not so bad. It is the evenings why we live in the desert.

By for now Folott, and I hope your day brings a smile and a time of peace in your day!!!

# 23 28-06-2006 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
i think it looks alot better too ..more surface like falott said ... i will be watching this one close cause I wanted to make the house too sometime

user added image

congrats ..looking good so far

# 24 28-06-2006 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
Well thank you mmoore5553. It has been fun and Kurt Boutilier is an outstanding teacher and host for it. I have watched many DVD's and his is one of my favorites.

If you are interested I will pass along a pic once in awhile. What I really am interested in doing is something Falott mentioned about making recesses in the face to help realism with lighting and shadows. If that helps as much as beveling I will be tickled. I am going to try that now.

Thanks for the nice words!!

# 25 28-06-2006 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber
no problem old ..i have kurts tutorials too lots of them ..i finished dragon by him and now working on his tree frog ..he is very talent and a good teacher ...and usualy you dont find a combo like that much ... cant wait to see more pics ..cheers