Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-06-2011 , 03:18 PM
Simply Maya OG

Key Frames and Motion Paths

I'm trying to animate a airplane flying, of course following a curve I have drawn out. I have no problem with making the plane follow the curve, via Motion Path. My problem is, when I try to make the plane bank on turns like they naturally do, I lose all of the motion path animation. All I do is key frame the rotation on the z axis, and once that happens, the connection to the motion path is broken. I know there is a bank option on the motion path, but it's not enough of a bank.

Is there another way around this without key framing the plane across the whole curve?

- Hybrid
# 2 13-06-2011 , 03:50 PM
The Nurb Herd
use a joint. There is a twist attribute.

# 3 13-06-2011 , 08:50 PM
Simply Maya OG
So, just add in a joint, as if I was rigging it? Can you explain alittle more, please?

- Hybrid
# 4 13-06-2011 , 11:41 PM
The Nurb Herd
just make a joint and parent your geometry to it. then attach the joint to your motion path. There should be a twist and up twist attribute on the joint.

# 5 17-06-2011 , 04:08 PM
Simply Maya OG
Ah, finally figured it out. Thanks dom! It was in the channel box, not the attribute editor (atleast, I couldnt find it in the atrribue editor...).

- Hybrid