Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-08-2011 , 06:36 PM
Subscriber

Landing a job, what to study?

Alright, I am no expert with Maya by any means, but eventually if I wanted to land a job using Maya, what would be the quickest route to get working? Is it better to start learning animation techniques, and have several short animations to present, or is better to have some models ready to present. I am just curious what the quickest route is to landing a job. Not sure if studios are looking for more animators than modelers?

cheers
-C
# 2 29-08-2011 , 07:09 PM
The Nurb Herd
i would say animators are in higher demand, but its very hard to say. I guess it all depends on you, and what you what want to do the most.

# 3 29-08-2011 , 07:52 PM
Technical Director
You first need to figure out what you want to do, and what you enjoy the most. If you want to be a modeler, then model. If you want to animate, animate. If you don't enjoy what you do, you won't be good at it. But working, or even getting your foot in the door in 3d and visual effects is not easy. Maya is a huge program, and the techniques you will need are even larger. Take your time. This industry will be around for a long time user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.