Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-05-2005 , 02:50 PM
Simply Maya OG

GI Joe

Does anyone have, or know where I can get GI_Joe? Ive found a older version over at Highend3d. The only thing is that it dosent have the install instructions. www.pixho.com is where its from, but the site is not there anymore. If anyone could either send me the install instuctions, or just the whole thing, Id appreciate it. user added image

- Hybrid
# 2 22-05-2005 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
Put the script file in one of your script directories (e.g. D:/Document and Settings/I-Iybrid's Documents/Maya/Scripts). Then put the .lights file in another directory, anyone you want aslong as it doesn't have any spaces in the name. Now you need to open the script file in notepad and change line 57 to point to your .lights file. Save. Open maya and type GI_Joe; in the command line.

# 3 22-05-2005 , 11:22 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thanx ckyuk. I knew I had to change something in the .lights file, but I had no idea where. I wasent about to go searching thru thousands of lines so...... Again, Thanx. user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 23-05-2005 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
I knew I had to change something in the .lights file

It's the .mel file you need to edit not .lights.

# 5 23-05-2005 , 08:49 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hehe, thats what I ment. Sorry. user added image

- Hybrid
# 6 26-05-2005 , 11:48 PM
man ryan.. leave for a few months and you forget everything dont you!(been so long i didnt remember anything about gi joe.. barely remember how to activate it once and a while...)

Wow that was a completely pointless post...

# 7 27-05-2005 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber
Dont worry, most of my posts are useless. Exactly like this one. My post count dosent relate to my maya knowledge at all.

# 8 27-05-2005 , 12:33 AM
my post count relates more to my boredom than skills. Technically speaking its a double edge sword... High post count... your hear to much to use maya.. low post count, you havent gained some of the insightfull information from your fellow mayans.

# 9 29-05-2005 , 11:50 PM
Simply Maya OG
Actually, I was gonna see if you had it TD. I kept IMing you on AIM, but who ever it was, kept saying it wasent you... o_O But yea, I had GI_Joe on my old harddrive, which fried. I knew it was at pixho, but the sites no longer there...so...yea. user added image

- Hybrid
# 10 30-05-2005 , 03:14 PM
yeah i have it. My cousin was probably on. Ive had reletives over all week off and on. Plus i got my license last week so ive rarely been around.