Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-09-2003 , 07:01 AM
19 year Veteran

Light Bulb

I did two variations on this one. The first one sucked. This second one turned out much better. The lighting was the hardest thing about it, so thats what I focused the most on.

Comments are welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-09-2003 , 11:07 AM
Subscriber
hmm. the glass should be visible (have a look at a lightbulb anywhere, you should be able to make out its shape). Use the materials incandescene to bring it out a little. You should try to use an extruded surface as the light filament and the glow should be readable.

its a bit dark too and a little hard to tell what's going on. But the lighting on the bulb should illuminate the surrounds a lot more. I would lose the shiny table surface. There's a short film you can download if your connection is fast enough - there are 2 actually - its called BULB and BULB 2. Look for them if you can - I can't remember where I found them from but they'll be usefully to see CGI lighting could be done.

# 3 19-09-2003 , 10:43 PM
19 year Veteran
Thanks for the comment, and the suggestions! I will keep working on it.