Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 02-01-2007 , 10:06 PM
Least youve got time to create a new one if you wanted LOL!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 32 02-01-2007 , 10:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think you could do something else. Or try this one again and make it better if you wanted. There just doesn't seem to be much to this model for it to be already at the maximum size, y'know? My example that I gave in the original thread (the gift I did for my fiance) was only about 5mb and it had a full character in it.

Just my thoughts. user added image Take 'em or leave 'em!

# 33 02-01-2007 , 10:59 PM
haha, thanx mike, but what was your models polycount? maybe its just ZBrushes OBJ writer or something... this model is 43000 polygons, so its not exactly low poly..... ATM i am figuring out another idea, so this probably wont be my final.... it definately not my final, haha.....

thanx, ill post a render soon!...
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 34 08-01-2007 , 11:06 AM
Did you do ANYTHING in maya?
I thought this was a maya community, where everyone worked with maya for the challenges. I think that's not fair. Why don't you do the details in maya?

But anyway, looks pretty good user added image

# 35 08-01-2007 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MrTerminator
Did you do ANYTHING in maya?
I thought this was a maya community, where everyone worked with maya for the challenges. I think that's not fair. Why don't you do the details in maya?

But anyway, looks pretty good user added image

I was going to say that he did the base in maya but after reading it again it was made in "Silo"

Is that a term or some modling softwear that I have never heard off ??? user added image

Using zbrush is fine in the rules I think as it has become a major 3d tool these days, but your right have not seen one bit in maya here

# 36 08-01-2007 , 02:46 PM
well, you are sort of right. i started the head in silo, and moved in to maya to finish the base mesh and make any needed edits (i dont know silo well yet ^_^)

and we do not NEED to use maya for these challengesuser added image :p

www.joopson.com
# 37 09-01-2007 , 11:14 AM
Hey Andy

Just out of curiosity but what was the polycount for your model (just that if I remember you said that it was close to the 10Mb limit) and I want to know what kind of limit i've got!

LOL.

Cheers

Steve

# 38 09-01-2007 , 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Joopson

and we do not NEED to use maya for these challengesuser added image :p

There should be a rule, that you have to use maya.

# 39 09-01-2007 , 01:25 PM
Mike Said in the rules that any software can be used, look at it this way it lets more people have a go at entering

# 40 26-01-2007 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
wow andy, very interesting indeed but i like it for some reason... it also looks very scary which gives it that great alien effect if you get what i mean :p

marlon

# 41 05-03-2007 , 04:42 PM
19 year Veteran
Cheers for the fastest and first completed entry Joopson!

You got to have good skill to make something that fast and look that good. I would have liked to have seen more of him though. Perhaps you could model a body for him?

# 42 05-03-2007 , 06:48 PM
haha, thanx, i should have made a body, but i wasnt into my design enough, lol. And i dont like how this turned out either, so oh well, :p

anyway, thanx :-D

www.joopson.com