Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-12-2008 , 02:45 PM

Super weird problem !!

Hey Guys

Came across this stupid problem today trying to convert my grid into Working units of: "Foot" to model a scale building. Problem is when I do change my working units to "Foot" when i zoom out in my free perspective the grid vanishes but if i zoom back in a little it appears. So in short when changing working units from cm to ft i can only see 5x5 boxes of my grid then when i zoom out to see the full 20x20 the whole grid vanishes!! Anyone had this problem?? or know of a glitch that might cause it ??

Im Running Maya 2008

Any help would be Awsome as this seems a stupid problem to have !!!

Thanks

# 2 20-12-2008 , 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Its the clipping plane on the camera, increase it.

- Genny
# 3 20-12-2008 , 05:13 PM
Thanks Heaps Gect I have never modeled anything with 1/10 actual scale in feet so never encountered this problem before.
Your help has also solved 4 other related problems with the same project thank you very much

# 4 21-12-2008 , 10:20 AM
Banned
It is great,your opinion is very novelty thanks very much guy!

# 5 21-12-2008 , 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
That last comment was really random....
thatsmybrand, no problem, glad that it helped user added image

- Genny