Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-01-2003 , 08:30 PM

Maya studies abroad

hi,

I'd like to study maya abroad the reason is that I'm living in Lithuania and actualy there are no schools for 3d graphics. I vould be very appreciative if you'd give me some information on how or where to apply, how much it cost, any links and advices.
I supuse the best countries would be USA, UK maby Canada and Russia user added image

P.S. I speak russian, english, lithuanian. user added image
I'm 17 years old and next year I'll finish 12th grade user added image

thx
-=Owl=-

# 2 27-01-2003 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
Have you searched in finland or sweden ? that's in your neighborhood...

Today man, tomorrow bird...i already have the plumage
# 3 27-01-2003 , 09:20 PM
nope, but i supose that the courses wouldn't be in english besides i need to get job couse i dont have money for studies, but i have a big desire user added image so i thin it just would be easyer to get somewhere i can comunicate with less bariers

# 4 31-01-2003 , 10:32 AM
If you want a degree in it (Well computer animation at least!) you can come to the university that I am at now (Bournemouth, UK) it's the National Centre for Computer Animation in the UK and has one of the best reputations in the world for this sort of thing. You dont just do maya though you cover every aspect of computer graphics.

https://media.bournemouth.ac.uk/

https://ncca.bournemouth.ac.uk/

Those links should get you started.

Ps. I am on the Postgraduate Msc Computer Animation so if you have any questions let me know ok?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 31-01-2003 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber
There is a professional course you can take in London at Escape Studios. I think its the only official Maya training centre in Europe. Im going to look into it myself as Im thinking of taking the course after my degree. The link is below - good luck user added image

escapestudios

# 6 01-02-2003 , 08:02 AM
Pure_Morning: yeah, i've heard about this center and for now i think its the best choise. Only thing that wories me is that i've heard that it's quite expensive, on the other hand as i understend they gets you a job.
So the questions would be:
1. How much does it cost?
2. What do you need to know being an internationa student? (except english of course)
3. Are there any other expenses like application fee etc.

alexgc: as i get it escapestudios gives you the basics and some expanded course, i'd like to get more deeply to 3D user added image) but thx alot for information user added image

# 7 01-02-2003 , 12:17 PM
My course cost £5000 (but I got funding from the governement to help me out with it) If you are in the EU it would be the same for you. If you are outside the EU it would cost £8000 (I think that's right). These are prices for the postgraduate courses which only last one year but they are very intensive and comprehensive. I think it's worth it cause we have amazing links with industry for example later this year one of teh head honchos from ILM is coming to mentor our classes for 1 MONTH!! That's standing over our shoulders and giving us advice! it's stuff like that that really make this place stand out.

The BA Undergraduate course costs about £1100 a year for EU students and I'm not sure about non EU. You may want to get a prospectus sent to you that should detail all the costs and application stuff etc. I know you can pay by installments so you dont have to pay all the money up front.

When I applied the uni were really good at answering my questions and concerns. So email them / call them and tehy will help you out with any info you need.

Oh and at the end of it you get a degree in a subject you love! This time next year I will have a Masters Degree (Msc) in computer animation! how cool is that?!?!! :banana:

Hope this helps

ALan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB