Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-06-2003 , 10:30 PM

MAYA FRAME RATE PROBLEM

hey guys wether i use 25 fps or 15 fps or any other setting in the preferences ..maya renders at 29.97 fps or in other words NTSC standard ..which means the settings in the preferences are only to represent maya's internal time ...it actually has no effect on the final rendering frames per second ...is there any option to actually change the final rendered avi's fps ? need urgent help

# 2 08-06-2003 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
To my knowledge there is no way to do this. I have a solution however. First of all, avi's from Maya are horrible according to the pro's. It is much better to render out in targa (the best format I believe) then convert those images to avi using a program. VideoMach can take a sequence of images like this, then make them into an AVI (or another video format like MPEG if you prefer).

Here's the punch line. In VideoMach, you can change the frame rate to as low as 15fps or as fast as 60fps easily. VideoMach is a free download and can be located at download.com. So by doing all this, you can change the frame rate *and* create a higher quality animation.

And I couldn't post any of this without giving thanks to mtmckinley since he was the one who told me about VideoMach several months ago. Thanks bud.

# 3 08-06-2003 , 07:05 PM
hey thankz alot man ..this videomach kicks ass ...got a very friendly user interface ...and has helped me in solving a few misconceptions about frame rates ....it has all the 3:2 pull down , 3:2 pull up ...u name it ....THANKZ A MILLION user added image