Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-04-2016 , 06:48 PM

combining two objects

Hey everyone
user added image
I would like to combine two objects in maya. Though some of the parts wont be visible anymore when im done so i would have to delete those and bridge or merge the objects. but these objects have quite alot of polygons so i was wondering if there is an easyer way to combine them.
I have a robot and a human body and i want to combine them in a way that some part stick out and some dont so its like a cyborg (see pictures).
Thank you already
mr.yoxon

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-04-2016 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
If you watch David's tutorial on hard surface modeling, or the robot one, he shows how to make an object live and pull down the vertices in a way that they conform to the "live" object.

I'd try that for the shoulder plate. But to begin with, you do need to learn some basics like going into face made and deleting what you don't need. You gotta know how to walk before you can run. You should get that Simply Maya robot tutorial, it's really informative.

# 3 05-04-2016 , 06:06 PM
yeah i already know the basics and that i need to delete the faces i dont need.
so youre saying there is no function or something to combine these tow objects and i have to make all that manually?
thanks for your reply though.

# 4 05-04-2016 , 11:08 PM
The thin red line
Try the wrap deformer...............dave

# 5 07-04-2016 , 06:19 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
You can combine the meshes, but why would you want to?

Under Mesh there should be a "combine" option.