Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-06-2004 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber

"last Supper"

Hi,

(I'm wondering whether to add a "candle and candelabra? [candle stand user added image ] to the table?

Was wondering what you guy's think.

Scraggy

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-06-2004 , 07:57 PM
Technical Director
Cant really see it. But from what I can see, I would say a candle.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 27-06-2004 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
yep, some more light coming from the table would be great.

# 4 28-06-2004 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
Ok thankyou will do soon, maybe, i think, Hmmm I just give up on that and move on user added image
Next ..... Scrag .... (Why do I never finish anything?)

NM Scraggy

# 5 28-06-2004 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber
some nice render dude! I like it! it's kindah mysterieus cause of the exiting that's going on in the background what you hardly can see cause of the foreground....
If Im lookin'at it for a while im starting to believe that I haven't seen this before...and why do I say that ? cause normaly with a 3d scene you are able to place the camara right on the spot (where the action happends) and here you have chosen to place a foreground witch makes it more myserieus cause you don't know what really happends outthere....

I hope you will get back on this to play around more with this scene ..cause i like it alot user added image

gReetZz RanSIcK

# 6 28-06-2004 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou for the comments, I will put a candle and goblet (or something) on the table - just to draw your eyes to it and light the scene more.
It's a shame you are seeing it on a white background as it does make it look a lot darker than it is.

B.T.W.
I'm asuming? I just make a nurbs "flame shape" apply a ramp to it to get a 'flame' colour and thats how it's done?
There's stuff on the net, but that's more to "animate" a candle flame.... Any ideas/suggestions to get the candle done would be welcome. Along with any more C&C

Regards Scraggy

# 7 28-06-2004 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber
"Why do I never finish anything"

Dunno, but your reel may suffer as a result....

I know its hard to get things finished... but when you do finish stuff, it feels so bloody good to have it done and dusted....

https://www.craigcrane.com
voIP PHONE: 9301254@sip.gossiptel.com