Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-03-2005 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber

Un-smoothing?

Is it possible to un-smooth a model other than to undo.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but at several points whilst altering the facial model I'm working on, I smooth the polys to get a feel of what the eventual outcome will looke like, can I from this point say, apply colours and tweak it a little to suit then un smooth it, back into polys to further the model?

I know I can smooth proxy which will leave me with the mesh and the smooth version, but I like to switch between wireframe and shaded modes, but this changes the smoothed model to either wireframe or shaded. when I switch between shaded and wire, I really want the smoothed version to stay as a shaded/rendered smooth model.

If you can understand all that I'll be impressed though if you can offer some kind of help and input it will be greatly received

# 2 03-03-2005 , 12:20 PM
there should be a node under in channel box when you select your object which hold the smooth options, play with these, i dont have maya on this computer so just look for somthing in your history where you can change the divisions to 0.

# 3 03-03-2005 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Laurie, that worked a treat user added image