Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-10-2010 , 11:57 AM
Lifetime Member

Object Placement Tut

Hey David,

again mate Im impressed. Small quick tut with enough info to get the gist of it. I actually pre-empted your selections and was getting them right 95% of the time. So the info from Rain was still in there!! LOL

Just watching these 2 has opened the door a little more, thanks mate.

Cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 24-10-2010 , 12:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks again, I always thought that even if your not interested in dynamics it's still useful to know the basics.

A little bit of dynamics will take you a long way in a lot of areas of Maya.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 24-10-2010 , 12:15 PM
Lifetime Member
Mate now I know a little I will of course experiment...which is half the fun.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 24-10-2010 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
I love dynamics, I need to get into it a bit more, it's an amazing thing. I want to make any ball thrown, or fallen object completely rely on dynamics instead of animating it.

Good job on this and the rain tut bullet

# 5 24-10-2010 , 09:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Rhet!!

Yeh mate it was fun and very interesting! LOL we are thinking along the same lines mate...a ball is my next one...something like a raquet ball animation?? that wouldnt be too hard but fun to do.

Or a pool ball (8 ball) with a cue would be a good little number to have a crack at.

cheers Bullet

bullet1968

# 6 24-10-2010 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
I'm working on my animation in the park with me and my dog, and I want to use dynamics when I throw the ball so it will have a more realistic bounce and roll when it hits the ground.

The qball sounds like it would be fun, hitting into a group of other pool balls.

# 7 24-10-2010 , 09:35 PM
Lifetime Member
Yeh I was wondering what you were up to! you have been rather quiet....I guess work (like mine) kinda takes the fun out of life dont it?? That sounds good mate....throwing the ball and make it bounce off of some of the play structures etc.

Yeh the 8 ball doesnt sound too hard....I might try that this weekend..seeing I have a pool table..though I never get time to use it. ATM its a storage/building area for the kids and their Lego..LOL

cheers bulletuser added image

bullet1968

# 8 24-10-2010 , 10:02 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I'm working on my animation in the park with me and my dog, and I want to use dynamics when I throw the ball so it will have a more realistic bounce and roll when it hits the ground.

The qball sounds like it would be fun, hitting into a group of other pool balls.

Might help get you started. Animation here https://www.simplymaya.com/daves/playblast.f4v Scene file here https://www.simplymaya.com/daves/ball_bounce.ma

May be of no use to you but it's real simple to do. The above is by no means perfect just a quick example to show you how easy it is if you've never done it b4

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 9 24-10-2010 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber

# 10 24-10-2010 , 10:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks too David......Im onto it LOL

cheers bulletuser added image user added image

bullet1968