Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 07:43 PM

TREES

How do i create trees without using 2d paint effects.

i also have to animate the trees so i need to do it in nurbs or poly`s .. so please do help...

# 2 17-04-2003 , 11:42 PM
then i guess u need to model them...or you could wait for maya 5... as they r giving this option in Maya and its comin out in the somewhere, mid of may perhaps....
or you can also use Xfrog...its an awesome software for such purposes....

# 3 17-04-2003 , 11:44 PM
and yeah...one quick thing... i believe you can animate the tress of paint effects too... you just need to key the parameter...you want to animate.... like i could'nt really understand what you meant from animating...like you wana show the tree growing? or is it a walking tree?
for first case..paint effect would work nicely....but if u wana make a walk cycle....then you gotta refer to the earlier post...

# 4 19-04-2003 , 12:58 AM
Subscriber
well,, you could model them from scratch,, but will take a hell lotta time,, but XFrog is a good option tho,, (beware, it produces very high poly count trees)