Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-05-2003 , 09:38 AM

Animating a sneaky walk????

Hi !
Im new to maya. I just got my character built, it's a dove deodorant with arms and legs. I'm done with the rigging and it's ready to animate. I want my character to have a sneaky walk. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on sneaky-walk animation? user added image

gollum lisa

# 2 06-05-2003 , 12:55 PM
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to SM. One thing you might want to do is first animate the character doing a basic walk cycle. If you have a video camera, take a video of yourself doing a sneaky walk and pay attention to the way your limbs and joints interact - i.e., how the torso moves, the way the ball of the foot hits first, etc. Make some notes and apply to your walk cycle. If you decide to subcribe to SM, there's a simple stickman walk cycle video that will get you going with the basics. Otherwise, take a look in the tutorials/links forum...you're bound to find a link to a walk cycle animation tutorial. You also might want to check out George Maestri's "Digital Character Animation" books.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 06-05-2003 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
yeah a gd idea is to watch urself, or study other people

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 06-05-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber

God Bless you and 3D
# 5 06-05-2003 , 11:03 PM
Hey guys! thanks for the tips on the sneaky animation walk. I found them really useful. I bought the Animator's survival kit and had a look, it's a great book since i'm doing drawing for animation class. I also went to Simply Maya tutorials, and i'm now working on my sneaky walk.

I really want to do this walk by using Set driven key, but hey as I said I'm new, so this is completely confusing to me. I used plenty of time making the handgrip on my characters fingers by using the Set driven key.

Guys just a tip on tutorials. I found a great tutorial site online while surfing around for maya tutorials. This site has more than 700 tutorials about everything you want to know.

https://www.boris3d.de

Later mates

# 6 07-05-2003 , 07:33 AM
Kevin
please dont keep adding the same links to the board...

Use the search - some of these links are there 20 times in the last week!

# 7 07-05-2003 , 08:31 AM
Sorry, Im new here. I'm not sure what you mean by the above message? I haven't add this link before, why did you say that I kept adding the same link???

Are users not allow to add links in the message?

# 8 07-05-2003 , 09:40 AM
Kevin
no what I meant was this link has been added to this board many times before.

Before adding links use the tutorial database and the search to see if this the link has been posted before.

This is not an advertising site - if it was I would have banners

# 9 07-05-2003 , 09:46 AM
Thanks for the tips on your tutorial database!
Anyway! The link above wasn't meant to be advertising, it was meant to help other people (newbies) like me. I will search on the database before adding any links here.

# 10 07-05-2003 , 09:52 AM
Kevin
Thanks - it just stops the same links being seen time and time again.

Imagine if someone kept posting the same WIP - it would get stale. So we like to keep things a little fresh if possible user added image