Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-05-2005 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber

Hardware for Maya

Hi guys (and gals). Not really sure where to put this, but here goes...

My PC is currently a 2,4gHz with 1,256 MB ram.

My graphics card is a Radeon 9550 256 MB, and Im sort of suspecting the card of being the reason for the bad performance my PC has as soon as poly-count exceeds the 30-40K range.

So anyone knows what the problem could be? Im running a screen resolution of 1600*1200 dunno if that could be part of the problem, either.

SO, any ideas on what part of my system needs improving the most? (if not just all of it!)

And either way, maybe if you guys know some graphics cards that are good for maya, because my friend with a similar PC but less ram and a 128 MB card seems to be getting way better performance... not sure what his card is though.

Anyway, would like to know what experiences people have with Maya and their hardware setups.

Oh, and I´m a student, otherwise getting the best card of the market would be the obvious choice, but right now Im looking to get the most bang for my buck or something.. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------------
Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting