Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-06-2003 , 12:24 AM
The Maya Mountain

Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Adaptation!

I just got back from one of the most awe inspiring things ever...

Back in '81, as most of you know, the fantastic film Raiders of the Lost Ark was released. It affected some people more than others. Three kids and a bunch of friends around the ages of 9-10 decided they would film a shot-for-shot remake of the film, just for fun!

8 YEARS LATER they finished! And 15 years later, it was screened for an audience, and I got to attend.

It was fantastic! Can you even imagine the dedication and will it must have taken to press on for over a year, let alone EIGHT!?

And what makes it even more special for me? These guys did it in Biloxi, MISSISSIPPI! Not an hour away from my home town! The one state in the union that I would have thought such a thing to be IMPOSSIBLE, it was done, and done wonderfuly!

The only noticeable scene that was absent from the original, was the famous fight under the running airplane, in which, the big bald dude was killed by the propellor. Kinda obvious why that might not have been possible, but the rest... it's amazing! They even managed to make use of the Gulf Port facility and filmed on an actual submarine! They lived near an airport and managed to make use of actual planes! They FOUND an old derelict truck that served as the Ark of the Covenent's Nazi transportation, as well as the apparant death of Marion. They were able to actualy get use of replica '30s automobiles! Costumes! It's crazy and wonderful that these CHILDREN (who literally grow 6 inches before your very eyes) managed to accomplish this fantastic feat!

I don't want ANYONE to ever tell me they can't make something ever again... I sure as hell will think back to this film every time I feel I can't possibly do something to fulfill dreams and artistic vision... things that I know was not even in the back of these young people's minds between the ages of 12 and 18 (when completed).

One word:

SUPERFANTASTIC!

One day, I hope it becomes widly distributed and everyone's able to view it. user added image

https://www.drafthouse.com/online_tix...sp?show_id=738

# 2 02-06-2003 , 03:21 AM
The Maya Mountain

# 3 04-06-2003 , 02:04 PM
Kevin
sounds fantastic mikey!!! cool vid teaser to!