Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-10-2004 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber

random instanced object...

i'm back :p
so now to my question
i'd like the particle to choose one of my instancer objekts (i've got 3 ) and i tried some expressions but i'm very new to expressions

so it didn't worked...
user added image

can anyone help me please user added image

thx...

tino

# 2 25-10-2004 , 10:38 AM
ok quickly here's how you do it:

create a particle system, add an attribute to it called index and make it a per particle float attribute.

Now create your objects to instance. E.g. a sphere, a cone and a cube.

select them and create a particle instance. In the instancer options there should be an option called "object index" change that to "index".

Now create the following expression in your particleShape "per particle (array) attributes" under the "index" entry (right click and create a creation expression)

particleShape1.index = rand(0, 2); (where particleShape1 is the name of your particleShape and the rand number is the number of objects you have to randomly choose from.

That's about it, and incidently this is roughly how i did the text effects in AVP earlier this year user added image see you learn something new everyday

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 25-10-2004 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber

thanks alot

ok now its much easier than before (maby because i know how to do it now...:p )

thx for help

tino