Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-06-2004 , 11:55 PM

Problem with 3D Paint Tool

The problem started a week ago when I just got Maya 6 installed...
I created half of human head (polygon) and duplicate it (translate X -1) to make another half. After that I merge the vertexs and Im very sure that they all merged. Then I try to paint hair on it using 3D paint tool. When I paint on the left half of the head, it works..
but when I paint on the right half of the head, the paint snap to the left half and looks like been mirrored. I cant paint on the right side the scalp. user added image
Finally my model has hair, but only on the left part of the scalp, while the right part remains bald... what should I do... somebody help me pls..
thanx for any help. user added image

PS: sorry about my bad English :p

# 2 29-06-2004 , 12:37 AM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure the normals are not reversed on the mirrored half.

# 3 29-06-2004 , 02:18 AM
Sorry but what should i do to know that the normal are not reserved on the mirrored half ? Im really a newbie in using maya.. only abt 2 months using it.. using maya 5, then changed to maya 6 last week. user added image

# 4 29-06-2004 , 02:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Display > Polygon Components > Normals.

Edit POlygons > NOrmals > Reverse will reverse the normals of the selected faces.

# 5 29-06-2004 , 06:59 AM
I should try that.. Thx a lot for that Mr. mtmckinley user added image