Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-07-2004 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber

Few Questions for Kurt

Probably stupid.. Mostlikely somethings i coudl find on my own if i had the time to do so...But..

just watched the Cartoon Dog tutorial.. ( which btw.. i'm pretty sure will help e greatly on that catwoman model i was finally able to start last night.. i'll update the w.i.p soon as i get something worth showing off... )

My first question though.. is.. How do you set up the shortcuts you wre useing?.. i'd swear i've seen it before, but.. i dont have much time righ tnow to look for it around work adn the baby...if you coudl tell me it'd be most apreciated man...

And my second one is.. when you were talkign about MAking your endsweep on nurbs objects point to the back, or what not where you cant see them well.. isnt there a way using melscripts that you can make it so that when you creat a sphere that its autoamtically rotated 90 degrees in what ever axis's?.. and.. .just curiously.. since you converted to poly's.. wouldnt that have hid the endsweep anyway?.. ..

Sorry if those are stupid questions man..
Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 2 29-07-2004 , 12:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hold ctrl and shift when you click a menu item to add it to your shelf.

I'll let Kurt handle the 2nd question user added image.

# 3 29-07-2004 , 02:36 PM
Thanks Mike=)

legendofzombi there most likely is a mel script for rotating the nurbs... I just like to keep the tut sas if a new user was watching them and do things that might take a bit longer so the new user knows how to do them the old way first before all the little tricks and shortcuts.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 29-07-2004 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
I just like to keep the tuts as if a new user was watching them and do things that might take a bit longer so the new user knows how to do them the old way first before all the little tricks and shortcuts.

I appreciate that approach, Kurt. I like to know shortcuts too, but I believe in knowing the basic techniques first so we are much more prepared to learn (and create) shortcuts of our own as well.

# 5 29-07-2004 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
That makes sence.. i reckon if i'da been able to watch video tuts a few months back when i first picked Maya up.. i'da been all over somethign like that.. seeing the long drawn out way and what not.. so i can appreciate that approach..

And thanks Mike.. for the adding shortcuts to my shelf tip.. that'll come in real handy... first got my current job, i spent an hour or so setting up my own custom tool bar in autocad.... the other guy i work with soon after followed ... lol.. its nice to have the things you use the most at your disposal, and the rest left for when you need it, unstead of takign up space...

Thanks again for the Dog Tut Kurt.. ( and Kevin i'm assuming had somethign to say in that as well?).. like i said.. the whole Sub d part of it was nice to know..^.^..

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 6 29-07-2004 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
Mike bro..
i tried the ctrl shift click thing on the adding stuff o the shelf wazzit..
didnt work for me?..
tried to drag too just incase thats what you meant.. didnt work either?..

am i clicking the wrong one of my five mouse buttons?..j/k

nah.. what you think i'm doing wrong?.....

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 7 29-07-2004 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Legend,

While holding down Control+Shift, scroll through the menu to your action of choice and click. That should add the action to your Shelf. Make sure you're holding down Control+Shift when you click.

You can then open the Shelf Editor (via that little black arrow on the left side of the Shelf), and use your own 32x32 icon for it.

Try again.

# 8 29-07-2004 , 10:53 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm

well, I do know that it doesn't work for the panel menues... stuff like wire on shaded or x-ray mode.

It just works for the menus at the top of the screen.

# 9 30-07-2004 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
ahh.. thats what i was tryign to do.. set up a shorcut for Xray... ... i wanna be like kurt?...lol..

Tahts probably the problem.. i never tried any of the others yet.. havent figured out what all i wanna put in muh shelf..

Butttt.. that leads me to another question....how do i go about getting kurts X-ray shortcut?..

i'm pretty sure i saw him with an x-ray shortcut.....didnt i?..
user added image

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 10 30-07-2004 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
legendofzombi, to do what Mike is trying to show is the way he said it but you guys are missing the ALT.... user added image

you have to press and hold CTRL ALT SHIFT and then click on the buttom you want to add your shelf!

-Emo

# 11 30-07-2004 , 02:11 AM
That x-ray is a mel script called togglexray.. look for it with a search engine.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 12 30-07-2004 , 02:23 AM
The Maya Mountain
Emo, I don't have to hold alt for it to work.

# 13 30-07-2004 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Emo, I don't have to hold alt for it to work.

Wow... youre right... I never knew that. I learned that I have to hold all three but I guess not

Sorry Master user added image

-Emo

# 14 30-07-2004 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
yae.. i got that sorted out... I apreciate the help with it

HAving problems with that mel script.. though.. i might have grabbed the wrong one. this one sets up a ot key for the x-ray.. not a button...
then again.. i sont know crap about melscripts either..lol...

Take it easy..
LEgend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 15 30-07-2004 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
If you can't figure the script out.. make your own user added image

open up the Script Editor.. and go go "Script" and choose "echo All Commands" that will show EVERYTHING in Mel writing of what you are doing in Maya

Then..clear the editor by going to Edlit > Clear all

Next... (make sure you have something to apply the xray to before you do it) then go and turn Xray on... go back to the script editor and whatever (new) code was written there, select it, and middle mouse buttom drag it to your shelf

to make a buttom to toggle off the xray, clear the editor again, and do the same thing

-Emo