Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2005 , 09:46 PM

humanModeling part II

while working on my last model I recognized a lot of mistakes I did. trying to improve my work now with focus on the mesh especially. else I used a real person for modeling this time. and that is the reason why the model looks more realistic in a natural way than my first one I think.

for now I´m pretty finished with the raw torso - sure, still needs some tweaking, also did her toes.

Crits and comments are welcome!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Falott; 14-04-2005 at 09:59 PM.
# 2 14-04-2005 , 09:47 PM
toes

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 14-04-2005 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Looking very good so far. Great job on the toes. Also nice to see a 3D female that doesn't have breast in different time zones. Look forward to see your progress.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 14-04-2005 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber
very nice. would like to see a nother like view from the side on the butt. the 2nd to pinky toe could use just a little bit of twist like the pinky. Just a little and thats just my opinion.

# 5 15-04-2005 , 07:35 AM
user added image about the breast. I guess austrian girls in contrast to the californian governator are not that big sized. but as I said - I want to keep it realistic.

and that 2nd to pinky toe - I watched it closely right now. It can use a twist you were right. not to inside as I first thought but to the outside. in adittion he needs to be slimmed at the root. I´ll fix it after the weekend.

thx mates! and here are another views on the butt.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 15-04-2005 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber
the breast are superbe !!! did such a wonderfull job on them. The rest of the body sames to lack some ummm descriptivness that some others have, but being low weight might be the reson.. also I'm thinking this all might be very close to dead on to the refrance your useing. Like I noticed there are not really the sorta characteristic indentions on eather side of the tailbone but not all wemon have that. Although fun to model sometimes.. user added image

# 7 15-04-2005 , 11:17 AM
well, that might be because the breast is the part which I was being busy the most with until now user added image those and the lower buttpart. all other details will be shaped when I have the full character finished in a rough level. soon hopefully...

# 8 15-04-2005 , 09:00 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Falott

This is very good. I like it alot, its nice to see a more natural female being modelled like Pony is doing too, instead of the cliched big busty bitch like stuff. I like the way you have caught the imperfection of the little toe and have bent it inwards. Its details like these that will make the character more realistic and not look like a clinical cg image. Keep it up, I'll be watching the progress on this. Im about to embark on a female body model at work so Im looking at everyone else right now and seeing what they are up to.

Cheers
_J

# 9 15-04-2005 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
looking good. hope to see a wire frame when you get the chance.

# 10 15-04-2005 , 10:26 PM
thx jango. don´t wait for too long - just get yourself ref images and start. the first model I worked on was knocked together with highres pics from the net. but it is not the same fun than modeling someone U know. for this character I shot the ref pics myself and am highly motivated to get it as much realistic as possible (or else I can pack my bags) . that´s why I don't want to render it until the persp view window looks like a monochrome photo, or at least -> I try my best. maybe U can take a picture of a friend of yours like I did.

PS: I will add some fat on her stomach and butt in the postprocess..

# 11 15-04-2005 , 10:38 PM
here comes the wire. thought you might to have it unsmoothed.

Last edited by Falott; 15-04-2005 at 10:42 PM.
# 12 15-04-2005 , 10:39 PM
and some footwire

Attached Images
# 13 15-04-2005 , 10:45 PM
dang! again the bodywire.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 16-04-2005 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
the wires are comeing along very nice..

# 15 16-04-2005 , 09:23 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Falott

When I say waiting, its just a time thing right now cos of head models and rigs etc, but Im always seeing what the next guy does or doesnt do that way I know what to look for and not what to do and cool subtleties etc.

As for the reference my wife always helps me out if Im stuck, she understands how important my work is and the need for reference. I have a full house of reference for most stuff. I did a female body a while ago and used that as a template for my girl character for my project, I use the legs body etc for base meshes for clothing so it fits pretty well and the geometry has the same flow for the rig pretty much too.

Look forward to more of your updates

Kind regards
_J