Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-01-2006 , 01:39 AM

Birail Tool...Why So Difficult??

Ok, this isnt't the way to learn a new program but, the Birial Tool...why would such a toold exist if it's takes so much effort to work properly??

Sorry, my frustration is talking. Can anyone tell me what wrong with my file. I've gone through and rebuilt this model twice, resnapped my lines, and even though they "look" connected, for whatever reason Maya doesn't like them. Does anyonme have any suggestions? This is my first go round with modelling and I've been trying to get this to work for about 3 days now wth no luck.

Thanx for the help!

- me user added image

Attached Files
File Type: mb maya_head_modelling10_patches.mb (89.4 KB, 190 views)

"Smart" is knowing your ABCs; "Intelligent" is knowing how to use them.

Last edited by mskittykat; 14-01-2006 at 04:48 AM.
# 2 14-01-2006 , 02:16 AM
hey, one thing to know- polys own nurbs. try learning them first

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 14-01-2006 , 04:46 AM
I believe you in that aspect.. the only thing I forgot to mention is that I was working based off a tutorial. They really didn't explain the problems that you can run into or how to fix them. After researching they mention that lines must be spot on using the connect-to-curves tool, but upon closer inspection of that tool, it doesn't always work as expected (connects 2 out of 3 views.) Any suggestions?

I could attempt to sculpt a face via polys, but how? This is m first real go round with ful scale modeling and the whole idea leaves me a bit confused.

"Smart" is knowing your ABCs; "Intelligent" is knowing how to use them.
# 4 16-01-2006 , 11:43 AM
hey n00b, i hate your life user added image

Yo mamma!