Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-10-2007 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber

Help Please

I entered the contest at renderosity, and I had my scene looking nice I save often and I was about to put the finishing touches on it and when I opened the file it gave me an error. It said swatches file depend node not found. All my textures are gone and lights. It is a scene with a bunch of wire frames of my model. I am so mad i don't know what to do. Does anyone know how to fix this or has this happened to you.

# 2 02-10-2007 , 11:49 AM
That's pretty unfortunate banksta, especially right in the middle of a comp and after all the hard work it sounds like you put into it.

I haven't hardly done much with textures so I don't know much about texture problems, but have you double checked that the texture files you used haven't been moved or renamed.

Also, click on an object that has a missing texture and in the attribute editor see if the file location is still there and if so, try reloading it. I think there's a button near the file path that allows you to do that. Make sure the path an the actual location of the texture file are the same. If so, then at least you've eliminated these as possible causes.

I hope you get it fixed. Maybe it's just a freak thing and rebooting your computer will fix it. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 02-10-2007 , 12:44 PM
Subscriber
no thats the first thing I checked perfecto. It's something else. This has never happened to me before.

# 4 02-10-2007 , 01:38 PM
Is it only that one file or all your files? You said you saved often. Are all your saves under the same file name? If so, then for future projects, I recommend saving your projects under a different file name ever so often.

I usually save about every 5 or 10 minutes and I'll save my project under a different filename at least 3 times a day. I usually end up with about 15 different files for same project. Examples: House1_1, House1_2, House1_3.
-or-
House1_wallsDone, House1_windowsDone, House1_roofDone

I'll do some research to see if I can find anything helpful that might apply to the error you're getting.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 02-10-2007 , 01:51 PM

Exceed Expectations!
# 6 03-10-2007 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber
I think I've had that problem but in my case it was because I changed the letter of my hardrive.