Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-06-2010 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber

University So Far!

Hey all! Its been a while since i posted here. I thought i might as well show some of the work Ive been doing at uni.
I'm studying photography at the moment. Haven't had much time for 3D although i would love to if i had some.

The first three images are part of a Digital Imaging subject, they where meant to be images of Past, Present and Future. I'm Quite happy with them

user added image

user added image

user added image

The last Three are from a Photography Subject and are about Human Intervention.

user added image

user added image

user added image

Cheers

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 2 26-06-2010 , 05:06 PM
Very creative and interesting, I like them.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 27-06-2010 , 01:45 PM
Lifetime Member
Very good mate..quite an interesting menagarie of ideas!!! Perfecto hit it on the head.

I hope playing an axe on a bike doesnt become the norm though!!!...LOL

I take the first 3 as ...your conception..a hit to the sternum somehow and what you would like or might happen in the future??

The band aid one is apt for these times..from it I would deduce something along the nature lines and the fact a perfectly good house lies in ruin when dollars are spent elsewhere. The house just needs some TLC as does nature..and the band aids..well we could do a hell of a lot better as a race to fix up what we have.

I am sad for the tortoise.... I think that represents mans inability to look down below his species and see what its all about. I drive a lot and see much of this...makes you want to pull the ignorant savage over and give him a beating..then again I am probably completely wrong on all counts.

Neverthless you have moved my thoughts..job well done

cheers bullet

P.S I dont read much..BUT I remember a book I read at 12 yoa called Flowers for Algernon...as I have a severely retarded brother it was personal BUT it also shows mans rise and fall I believe..read it if you can get it..its along the lines of 'past,present,future'.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 27-06-2010 at 01:56 PM.
# 4 28-06-2010 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
Thanks!
That was a very good analysis, its good to see that it actually came through the way i planned them.
To be honest the run down house was done the day before the assignment but its just down the road so Ive been there and seen it degrade. Its quite funny because every week a new piece of graffiti seems to appear.

actually if anyone's interested Ive started making a portfolio. Its pretty rough but its got heaps more work on it

Portfolio

Cheers user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 5 28-06-2010 , 01:53 AM
Lifetime Member
Bahahaha love the sassy alien and the sexxbot mate!!!! dig the price (times4 bahah)

good stuff man..at least you are doing something you enjoy!! I hate my job (it pays well though).

I tried to get into Uni about 6 years ago to do Graphic Art..I was rejected as I didnt have a PC and could draw really well but thats not what they wanted..tossers.

I even laughed at the lecturer when he said I could come back and try again when I have had more experience..I asked him what he earnt...I tripled it. So I felt REALLY small the way I was treated BUT smiling because of what I earn..and they can NEVER match that..LOL

So my dream of being an Artist of some description will never be......Surveyor will be written on my expiration label..damn!

BUT you are doing good mate..keep it up eh!!! Dont lose sight of the end goal mate!!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes