Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 21-04-2003 , 08:42 AM

Originally posted by pony
And thanks for the idea with gif's..

user added image

(Please do not use the blue hue though, I´m kinda going for the trademark thing) user added image

# 47 21-04-2003 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
NOOOOOOOO, ADL!! I really wanted to see your xenomorph completed. You were winning this round (partly cos we haven't seen much of George's user added image ).

Anyway, good luck with your new task and I hope it all goes well for you.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 48 21-04-2003 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
I can't believe it! I win ! JB's right, you were winning Adl, I was down for the count user added image I will continue to post updates until Wednesday. I'll make you proud and try to make our bracket go all the way! Updates will be loaded later tonight.

btw, is due Wednesday UK time? *George goes to read the tournament rules again.

God Bless you and 3D
# 49 21-04-2003 , 07:43 PM
I knew you were down for the count. user added image
Just be sure to win the d*mn thing!
user added image

# 50 21-04-2003 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber
Just informing you that textures are optional as of a number of PM's asking for this. Time is short, textures will help though. In round 2 textures are no longer optional, but required.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 51 22-04-2003 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber
Omg, i missed that post adl.. i saw it now though, im sorry you had to resine user added image. So yes, thats 1 strike, 1 more and your outta there user added image. GCastro, one thing i have to tell you though.. you gotta make sure you get your final in by wednesday (your midnight) because if not then you will just die in round 2 user added image. Also you will get a 1 stroke penalty if you do not make the deadline on wednesday.. seeing that would also count as not getting it in. Just informing you.. cant wait to see this thing finished user added image

# 52 22-04-2003 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
Phew! Finally, a little update on where I'm at.

Added a few spikes and plan on adding some teeth and other little details

Enjoy user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 53 22-04-2003 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
nice start so far!... but you'd better be quick.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 54 22-04-2003 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
Hey M,
I'll make sure to get it in on Wednesday. user added image Working on it today and hopefully be done by tomorrow night. Thanks for answering the question about the texturing and it does make sense to have it done soon cause next will be busy too. user added image

Ok, off to work some more !
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 55 22-04-2003 , 04:56 AM
Subscriber
Hey george, awesome stuff so far! What a huge update from what you had! Well, keep it up man and try to put in as much detail as possible with your time.. because what you now have to think of.. is all 8 competators.. look at what they are doing, try to make yours stand out over all of those, because you will be up against the best of those 8 next match user added image

# 56 22-04-2003 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
well, you'll be up against the winner of Mumbojumbo and tariq in next round.

# 57 22-04-2003 , 04:59 AM
Subscriber
here's a shot with it selected so you can see the wireframe so far... Modeling is becoming more fun user added image This tourney is such a great idea, along with the battle arena forum user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 58 22-04-2003 , 05:01 AM
Subscriber
Nicely done! Quite smooth user added image. Yea.. i know what you mean about it getting funner.. my digimon dude was a bitch to model until i started on the hands and feet user added image. Until then i was like, urg... its a hump of polys.

# 59 22-04-2003 , 05:06 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GCastro
This tourney is such a great idea, along with the battle arena forum user added image

I heartily agree... and i think that it needs to be advertised much more since there aren't many others here. Maybe we could speak to Kevin to have a link posted on the home page.

# 60 22-04-2003 , 05:08 AM
Subscriber
I will see what we can do jb.. its getting kinda crowded on that front page.. I will find a way to advertise the battle arena.. dont you worry user added image