Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 61 29-04-2003 , 07:37 AM
Subscriber
haha bad @$$ with that nose ring (yeah i found it !) Coming along M. Pony better get going man not many hours left! I know lucifer is looking good, but i haven't seen ANY 3d yet in this round!!! Better get started seeing as how its monday night/ tuesday morning here.

M, the only reason i don't post withing a few minutes is if i'm at work or sometimes Simplymaya doesn't tell me when someone posts. Not sure why yet. I thought that posting on a forum automatically subscribes you, but i have recieved notifications (after that i assumed i was subscribed to that thread) and then later not received any for days, and i miss a bunch of posts. Don't know why. But now I make SURE to click the subscribe button if its important.

**Vec presses "subscribe to this thread"**
user added image

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 62 29-04-2003 , 09:57 AM
Kevin
awesome job guys

really good stuff

# 63 29-04-2003 , 01:49 PM
yeah...great stuff...and I like the black one ...the non chromed armor better
user added image

# 64 29-04-2003 , 09:22 PM
the non chromed put more focus on the boarder of the armor and the model itself. ide stick with it. Maybe you should even try that crappy gold texture on the lip of the armor with the black accent.

# 65 29-04-2003 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
Pony better pull something HUGE outta his bum in the next 48 hours!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 66 29-04-2003 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber
Hey twisted.. i agree.. i will try to add that "crappy gold texture" (quite nice actually if applied right) onto the edges.. good idea user added image. Gold and silver go great with black user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 67 30-04-2003 , 01:17 AM
yeah M it's looking great, what about having the black metal as the top layer and the chrome underneath being reavealed by scratches to the surface of the material etc. Add a bit of rust to the chrome and that would kick ass! I really like this model. I had a few doubts in the first round but M you've done an excellent job and it's got loads of character!!

Shame Pony hasnt managed to spend more time on his, if you progress to the next round you should get Pony to render you out an image of his centuar lying dead on the ground and you can have your guy up on top (having just killed the cenataur!!) that would RULE! user added image

sorry getting carried away now!!! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 68 30-04-2003 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
Pure morning, they've been planning that actually, maybe even an animation.

# 69 30-04-2003 , 03:07 AM
Subscriber
Hahhaa, yea the centuar on the ground, with the dinos foot ontop user added image. Actually, i think ONLY if i had a gun could i beat that centuar.. it would trample this baby dino to the ground.. this dino wouldnt stand taller than her knees! Hahaha, well maybe a bit user added image.. it would just have gum biting on its legs.. seeing its teeth are not exactly fully grown user added image. Heheheh. Maybe i should just for one time make a totally grown up dino out of this, that was a midget.. like i could use the model and add in a full set of teeth, smaller eye sockets, longer tail, longer claws and more muscle user added image. (we will see :p). Ok, Me and pony are working on this model now, as pony announced that hes comin over to the centuar for the next little while user added image.

# 70 30-04-2003 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
Alright, heres the claws in their starting stage, as well as the new (and In my opinion, its much nicer.. thanks twisted user added image) textures. BTW, the claws need some other things around them, because atm all it is is the 3 claws, not the glove that they are attatched to user added image.

# 71 30-04-2003 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber
Vecter,, I will proseed to start pulling a rabbit out of my ____ !

LOL @ pure_morning..

"we, will,
we, will,
rock YOU " !!

# 72 30-04-2003 , 04:20 AM
Subscriber
Damn, you already have your bow... amazing.. after this challenge i would love to hear your modelling technique, if you start from a plane, if you just follow the curves, or what! Hahaha.. after the tournament though user added image

# 73 30-04-2003 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber

ok going to take a brake now.. time for dinner..

# 74 30-04-2003 , 06:11 AM
Pony : That bow rocks !!!

M: You should stick to the spear thing, since it suits the character better imho.. The gun is too messy and complex compared to the character

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 75 30-04-2003 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
Of course caligraphics, I am NOT allowed to use that gun in any means! First off it doesnt suit his body size, second, both his hands cant really reach the gun properly user added image.. and thirdly and MOST IMPORTANT.... i CANNOT use a model i made in a preexisting challenge. This was not modelled in this challenge, and therefor its not legal.. i will be modelling him those claws, or i may make a better spear or axe (i think axe suits his dwarf'ish style). We will see, tommorow will be one crazy modelling frenzy!