Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-01-2004 , 02:28 PM

how to get more than one profile curve with nurbs extrude?

I would like to extrude a profile circle curve along a path and also be able to place additional profile curve(s) of different sizes and or shape - like is possible with the BiRail+3 tool. (so that one end is large and the other is small - etc)

I only want one path curve - not too and the profile curve to be closed.

Is this possible? I can not figure out how to do this, any thoughts appreciated.
thanks!

# 2 29-01-2004 , 02:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
The first method that comes to mind is an Animation Snapshot, where you attach the circle to a path and actually animate it, scaling it up where you want the path to be thicker, etc. Then doing the animation snapshot will give you a series of circles in the shape you keyed which you could then loft.

# 3 30-01-2004 , 01:13 AM
thanks! I will check out your suggestion.

However, I am hoping that I would be able to use the path curve as a means of animating the loft ( a variable width tube)
Maybe the animation snapshot method will also allow me to do this - if it retains the history and is animatable.

I was able to create the shape I wanted with lattice deformer, but that seems a cludgy way of doing this.

Thanks again.

# 4 30-01-2004 , 02:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, it should.