Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-06-2004 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber

June - noob - DanaScully

Ok if there were an ultra noob category I would join that one. I haven't really gotten much practice doing organic things....but since its the summer I figured I could do all the learning i can get my two hands on.
I had a tough time picking a creature...i originally wanted the phoenix, but that was taken, my backup was the warewolf, but that was taken too....sooo
i will **attempt** to do a minotaur.

Description: The head of a bull with the body of a man. The name means "bull of Minos."

Features This beast was described in the legend of Theseus. It was the child of the Cretan Bull (which Hercules slew) and the queen of Minos. The Minotaur (properly named Asterion) lived in the Labyrinth, which was a huge maze. Each year, the Athenians would send 7 boys and 7 girls for the monster to eat. Theseus went into the Labyrinth, unrolling a ball of thread so that he could find his way out, and killed the Minotaur.

i am going to see if i can even find a way to get started :o

# 2 03-06-2004 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
Oops didn't read your post before I put mine together - I am going to do a minotaur as well user added image Hope you don't mind - we are in different categories so hopefully should be ok?

Good luck

cheers

Rich
# 3 03-06-2004 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
dude by all means. Since this is really my first time trying to do a complete project....im sure it will not rank up to your stuff. I would love to see how you do yours. My minotaur is gonna have a slight futuristic look to him...i don't know exactly what i'm going to do, but I have a few thoughts in mind. I just hope I can do them

# 4 06-06-2004 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
Ok so here is a small update. Liike I mentioned before I have never really done antyhing organic.
Right now I am using various bodybuilder pictures as reference. It's taken me a while to get this far and i have yet to really finish the torso because I have to do the back. C&C very much welcome! user added imageuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 06-06-2004 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber
Not looking too bad - you might want to move the verts in between the two pectorals back a bit, give a bit of definition there

Are the side bits the start of the lats? looking good matey - just thicken them up towards the rear a little.

Keep it up!!

cheers

Rich
# 6 06-06-2004 , 04:48 PM
hey cool! I like it

# 7 08-06-2004 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
okies here is an update. This is like an entire learning experience for me but i have come the the conclusion that I love the cps tool user added image
The arms are just early development lol I am going to hopefully have then somewhere near done in the next 2 days user added image
Please lots of C & C would be greatly apprecidated user added image

Last edited by DanaScully; 08-06-2004 at 08:27 PM.
# 8 08-06-2004 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
and a picture would be good too user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 9 10-06-2004 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber
ok this is interesting....either I'm doing really good and no one has any c&c or im doing really bad and no one wants to tell me :o lol:o :p

# 10 10-06-2004 , 02:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
Doing pretty good so far. user added image Still kinda early to really say much yet aside from:

Keep it up! user added image

# 11 11-06-2004 , 04:23 AM
Subscriber
well i suppose it has been taking me a while I have school and an almost full time job....I get to work on my minotaur maybe an hour anda a half a day. I'm just pretty much getting a hang of maya so I am pratically learning as I go, making tons of mistakes, and being frustrated. It sucks having so many ideas and not being able to make them a "reality" lol. Hopefully I finish this before the deadline user added image
oh and another thing, i am really picky about detail so I nag at something til i think it's perfect......or near...lol.
Here is an update of what I got to do today....
https://www.bellsouthpwp.net/d/a/dana.../bodyfront.jpg

https://www.bellsouthpwp.net/d/a/danascully/bodyback.jpg
The back i think isn't all that great, I actually am having the HARDEST time with the back....so it's not as "detailed" as the front. Hopefully with another 2 hour dedication tomorrow I can change that user added image

# 12 11-06-2004 , 06:51 AM
Subscriber
Looking really good!

The breast/arm-line might be a little to creased if it's intended as muscles and no armour.

- S

Stefan Doverud
<a href="https://www.doverud.com/">www.doverud.com</a>
# 13 23-06-2004 , 08:56 AM
Subscriber
Unfortunately I won't be able to finish this guy in time user added image I just got promoted at work, meaning I am working alm ost full time now, and I just started my summer classes...so i barely have time. Not to mention the fact that I just formatted and haven't gotten around to install Maya. I will definately Keep it in the WIP forum though, I hope to complete it before the summer ends.
This whole experience however has taught me tons.......preparing me for my maya classes in the fall user added image
Thanks for the support...those who gave it. Sorry again.

# 14 25-06-2004 , 02:59 PM
The Maya Mountain
congrats on the promotion. Sorry you won't finish in time. user added image

# 15 25-06-2004 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
no swet dude! but promise me you keep rollin' user added image