Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-11-2007 , 01:16 AM

Movement constraint?

Hey

I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me if it is possible to constrain a polygon mesh or Nurbs surface to a selected region.

eg, to constrain a sphere between - 3 and + 2 on the Y axis?.

This may be a really newby question, hence the reason i posted on this part of the forum.

But any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

# 2 14-11-2007 , 05:58 AM
Subscriber
in the attribute editor of the transform node of the object there is a drop down called limit information. open that and then you could limit transformation scale and rotation to specified values.

greets

# 3 14-11-2007 , 11:23 PM
Thanks for the reply,

i am pretty new to maya though and have not had very much experience with some of the applications available in maya, i was wondering if you could give a little help on where to find the transform node of the object, thanks.

# 4 14-11-2007 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
the transform node is the top most node. when you click on the e.g. sphere_01 in the outliner thats the transform node.

looking in the attribute editor there are always sphere_01 and sphere_01_shape.

in case you are not sure you could select the object and then press the up key which brings you in the hioerarchy up. the object shouldn|t be in a group cause then you might ending up in the group node.

hope this was clear.

# 5 15-11-2007 , 01:16 AM
Thanks for that it really helped, user added image