Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-04-2008 , 01:50 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Cars in animations

Im really really really sorry for yet another question on law BUT...

What are the laws on having cars in animations?
BTW im experimenting with physical sky/sun and how do you give the ground a texture

# 2 07-04-2008 , 02:44 PM
Acid44
for those types of laws i would just look up copyright laws and see if it is covered...i think thats another thing you would have to contact the company about thoughuser added image

# 3 07-04-2008 , 03:04 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
BTW according to weird al himself, you dont need permission to do a parody
i asked him anyway though, but he hasnt replyed yet
if he doesnt bother to then he losses all say in the matter and ill do it anyway

# 4 07-04-2008 , 05:24 PM
Acid44
lol i dint know that dude

i figured youd need full written consentuser added image

# 5 08-04-2008 , 02:35 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
so did i
He says he usually asks anyway

# 6 08-04-2008 , 10:24 AM
Senior Software Developer
I do not think Car Manafacturers would make a fuss of you designing thier car in Maya or any 3D package. To ask would just be a matter of courtesy.

They would make for of a fuss if it was a non released design of a Concept Car that you got hold of. But for current models, I cant see any issues. Send a quick email to the press contacts and ask if they can give you an OK. Really people model this type of thing all the time, and most never ask.

As far as I was aware he would have to tip his hat at least to the record label to use the instrumental, unless he changes it in someway.

Weird Al Rocks...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 7 09-04-2008 , 01:13 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
He might not use the instromental cos hes pretty profichant with numerous instruments