Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-08-2010 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber

3d over photo

Last edited by Ataraxy; 04-08-2010 at 05:23 PM.
# 2 04-08-2010 , 07:34 AM
Lifetime Member
get a dropbox account....that joint sucked bigtime..no offence

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 04-08-2010 , 07:38 AM
Lifetime Member
not bad mate...not bad

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 04-08-2010 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
yeah, redid that cheesy link I had earlier with the site you mentioned. MUCHO BETTEROS! thx

# 5 04-08-2010 , 09:07 PM
Lifetime Member
no worries mate, that is much easier and betterer

bullet1968

# 6 05-08-2010 , 05:29 PM
good work mate,
did you build all the scene/just composition?

# 7 06-08-2010 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
the process was that we had to take a photo of anywhere we wanted and incorporate a 3d animation over it making the composite.

The only 3d is the lighting, shadows <from the car> and the lighting <not from the background photo>

Had to measure visual Q's to know where things were in real space to create a 3d environment of it like the flooring.. were the lights would be... the wall it would go behind and etc..

I think if I knew how to do HDRI photos as well it the lighting and shadows wouldve turned out lots better.. but I didn't have a mirrored sphere or a good enough sphere to measure the shadows while in the process.. so I guestimated.. annnnnnnnnnnnd this thing had to be done in a week after being shown just a two hour lecture on how the process was supposed to be done...

what makes me irritated about the whole thing was the glass shader I used. yes u can see thru it.. and see the background thru it.. however.. while watching it.. notice the A frame of the from front windshield is totally missing on the right side as well as the passenger window structure while looking thru the back windshield. And the rims are too bright on the driver side when its rounding the corner.. but hey.. maybe i critique myself too much to always strive for greatness since because when I was a kid nothing was ever good enough heh.

all in all, it turned out to be a good learning experience and a good first attempt since ive never done this before.

thanks for your comment and question tho!!

Last edited by Ataraxy; 06-08-2010 at 03:10 AM.