Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-04-2003 , 04:50 AM

Bryce3D- Pier Realism.

this is a scenery piece i made in bryce and only bryce. No 2d application. It was for the cover of her website.. but she wanted another thing i made instead.. but i still like it. what do you think?

# 2 02-04-2003 , 05:03 AM
Subscriber
ahhh..Bryce... the memories... user added image

anyway, why arent the lights on? user added image

if I was you, I'd take away a few lights because you dont need 10 light posts for that much space...

second, I would put some benches around the place

if you are good at bryce, you can model some vines and wrap them around the light posts...

other than that, I love the setting!

-Emo

# 3 02-04-2003 , 05:03 AM
Hmm, excellent piece mate. (by the way, Welcome to SimplyMaya)

However, I don´t mean to scare you nor anything, but being this a Maya community, they will utterly destroy you (as in take your insides out, spit them, and throw them on the street just to have rabids disseased dogs chew on them) if you don´t mind giving Maya a trial. user added image

(Not to be missinterpreted as flames, just giving you a hearthy welcome mate user added image)

user added image

# 4 02-04-2003 , 05:08 AM
lol i know they are slightly anti non maya...

but i have maya.. and ill be able to use it in about a month when my new computer comes in. till then i have poser, bryce, and lightwave...

The 10 light poles are there because its modeled after a pier near me in new york. And it has 10 lights...

I would add some vines.. but it woudlnt fit because its sapposed to be a local area.. and vines dont grow like that here.

And the lights are mid on to mid off like the lights there. because they are light sensitive.. the suns setting so the lights are just turning on.

And no benches because...

well in my design there were going to be benches... but i made the pier too thin. Theres only like 2 benches on the real pier though.

# 5 02-04-2003 , 05:11 AM
Booohhhahahaha...
<Rage begins to sharpen his blades...>

hehe just kiddinguser added image

Good job man.

Trust me though, ADL is right.
Might wanna be carefull around here....
they come out at night....mostly user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 02-04-2003 , 05:14 AM

Originally posted by ragecgi

they come out at night....mostly user added image

LOL, aww, the good times for me in this forum. I remember I had that phrase for quite a long time in my sig.

<adldesigner gets all nostalgic, and warns twisteddragon from an approaching black figure in his back>

# 7 02-04-2003 , 03:22 PM
I knowuser added image That's why I put it there! hehe...

<snif> ...good times, ..good times... user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 8 02-04-2003 , 09:12 PM
*blink*

interesting...

Well.. ill try not to show too much of my non maya art.. but sinse i wont have maya for about a month.. ill just make a few enemies.. but at least ill show GOOD non maya art right?

# 9 03-04-2003 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
Hey twisteddragon, thats great! I have never seen something made in bryce before.. cool cool. I dont know how the program works but if you still want to work on that image, i would reduce the thickness of the lamp poles and add something to the balls. Other than that, your background really is nice and along with everything else.. great.

(As twisteddragon gets in his car tommorow, he adjusts his mirror to find me in the back seat of his car with a knife in my hand)..you better watch out twisted, convert to maya user added image.. otherwise we shall track your IP, find out where you live and your licence plate number, and then hack the government and learn everything about you. After we aquire this information we shall plan out your death.

Ok, i had my speil of the day. user added image. Welcome twisted and when you get your new computer hopefully you can also experience the powa of maya... booya.

BTW

but at least ill show GOOD non maya art right?

Are you trying to say we here at SM arent making good art?. HUH?!?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 10 03-04-2003 , 03:29 PM
LOL!

Yeah man, art is art, ...and as long as you have said that your goal is Maya, using Bryce, or whatever, untill you get your Maya machine running will give you more respect for the usability, and power of Maya when you get up and runninguser added image

Cooluser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 11 04-04-2003 , 03:05 AM
Hehe no problem. I have used maya at hybrids house.

And i meant would you like to see failry decent non maya work.. or somethign that looks like a semi retarded 2 year old did...?

And im thinking about showing some of my other stuff... i shoudl make a new thread for it right?

And i like to use as many different moders as i can.. i find each one has at least 1 task it seems to do better than others... so far bryce seems to be the fact its amazingly realistic scenery.. but to do actual objects its near impossible to do anything with good detail... because its not point to point polies... you have a few objects. A block, a ball, a cylinder, a turos. You have to make things with only them.. keeping the basic shape of them intact.. a real challenge.

# 12 04-04-2003 , 04:37 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33

And im thinking about showing some of my other stuff... i shoudl make a new thread for it right?

Actually, I remember once -I think it was Izzy- showed us some work he had done on Photoshop -or illustrations-, and he created a thread for them. Being this a Maya centric board, I´m sure everybody will actually appreciate keeping the forum nice and clean. So I´d recommend you to keep them in one thread.

You might call it "Bryce Creations | Please do not bash" user added image

# 13 04-04-2003 , 05:44 AM
Sounds fair.. Can i edit the original post of this one.. and put in a different pic and go or what?

Hm.... i only have like 2 or 3 more images i would even consider showing.

# 14 04-04-2003 , 05:50 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
Sounds fair.. Can i edit the original post of this one.. and put in a different pic and go or what?

I think you can. I would just change title of the thread, and then keep on posting the images in replies. People will see them anyway, on the new posts.

# 15 04-04-2003 , 05:57 AM
ah then i could just show the updated date in the title of the post too. thanks bud.