Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-01-2005 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber

Modelling a head

I am following a modelling exercise with the below steps.

1.Create a Nurbs Primitives – Sphere: adjust shape and size my model of my head.
2.Convert – Nurbs to Polygons: adjust shape some more
3.Convert – Polygons to Subdiv: adjust some more

The problem I have is that my model does not appear smooth, it is very blocky and ripply. I have tried many different adjustments and I still don’t get a smooth result.

Can anybody offer any help? Could it be a setting somewhere that I need to fix up.

Thanks Starman

# 2 26-01-2005 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber
Can you take a screen shot or post a render ?
it's hard to determine the problem,
what mode are you working in now?
subd's - what surface level are you editing - it might be best to edit all the 1 values then try smooth out small areas with the level 2 verts.
polys- do you just have to many verts/faces in the mesh making it too hard to control the entire structure?
hope that can help a little

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 26-01-2005 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
My guess would be your mesh is too dense. Try removing and faces you don't need.

# 4 26-01-2005 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys, I will try and post an image up soon after I give a go your recommendations.

Starman