Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-05-2005 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber

gun in a holster

Hi

I'm thinking about doing a character that have a holster with a gun. The thing is that I want the character to be able to draw his gun and to put it back into the holster. So that when I make the character walk around the gun stays in the holster.

Does any one know how this work or if you know any tutorial about this. Any help would be great.

Cheers!

# 2 25-05-2005 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
Why not mess around with the active and rigid bodies options? If you dont know everything about them, then your like me, just do a search for some tutorials or tinker with yourselves. I think they might help, but if anyone knows any better solution plz tell, I think I would like to know also.

# 3 26-05-2005 , 05:36 AM
Hmm, that could work if you want Maya to spend time trying to process dynamic collisions... I believe simply grouping the gun with the holster and modifying that as a group... I also heard parenting works aswell but frankly nothing I've done sofar had that come up... go figure.

# 4 26-05-2005 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber
https://www. <the G word> online.com/tutorial.php?category_id=7

Replace the G word above then past it into the browser, there is a free lesson on constraints in which a sword is drawn from its scabbard with should be applicable to drawing a pistol from its holster.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 26-05-2005 , 11:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks but what should I replace the G word with mchannon?

thanks again for all help:-)

# 6 26-05-2005 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
Hey I got it, thanks a mille mhcannonuser added image