Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-06-2007 , 12:59 AM

polygon to subdiv

im still working on the model a person tut from here and i keep running into problems. when i select it. i and try to convert it gives me the error. and i have tried a mesh cleanup and it still does not work. thx for the help

polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on -maxPolyCount 1000 -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |polySurface6|polySurfaceShape12;
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): One or more edges is nonmanifold.
// Nonmanifold geometry cannot be converted to a subdivision surface.
// To clean up nonmanifold edges, use Mesh->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //

# 2 27-06-2007 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
hi nice to meet you ..sorry you are having issues with the tutorial. if you can post the file ..one of us here would be happy to look at it for you ..probably a vertice is nto connected or double faces ..that happen alot ... we can also give you tips on how to find it faster. ..post the file and I dont mind taking a look at it either

also let us know what version of maya you are using

# 3 27-06-2007 , 12:08 PM
Jr.Who
Just do what the SE tells you to do! Go to Mesh>Cleanup and make sure that the nonmanifold option is checked.
user added image

# 4 27-06-2007 , 02:57 PM
Subscriber
hahha jr who ..that will not do it ..it is usualy edge not connect or vertices or too many faces ...i will wait for him to post project and look at it and find out what is wrong ..or if someone else gets to it before me hehhe

# 5 27-06-2007 , 03:53 PM
well im using maya 8.5 PLE. i would like to get the full one but it cost a lot and im only 14 haha. The cleanup did work though. i'll post the file anyway just to see if u find anything else wrong with it. Also,when i convert to SubDiv it turns black and in the tutorial yours was gray. I hope i did everything right. download it here https://rapidshare.com/files/40251498/Franky.mp.html

# 6 27-06-2007 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
well I can admit i was wrong lol ..good job ...it looks good ..nothing to particular to point out ...but glad to see at young age taking an interested .... post pictures in the WIP section

# 7 27-06-2007 , 04:29 PM
thx i love creating art on the computer and my mom wants me too because shes an art teacher, haha. I so want to be as good as yall someday. I think it would be so cool!

# 8 27-06-2007 , 10:28 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by mmoore5553
hahha jr who ..that will not do it

Originally posted by freehand
The cleanup did work though.

Originally posted by mmoore5553
well I can admit i was wrong lol

I just had to quote that so that I could rub it in. :p

Anyway, happy I could help!
user added image

# 9 28-06-2007 , 01:21 AM