Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 01-08-2007 , 07:33 AM
Subscriber
hows the fruit bowl coming along??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 32 23-05-2011 , 11:01 PM
Here is a tutorial on how to model a banana for begginers
Modeling a Banana - Maya Still Life pt 02 on Vimeo
to be honest I wouldn't really follow this tutorial because it's not the best, but you can, I scrubbed to the end and he said he was going to make a tutorial on texturing it, he also has tutorials on making a bowl and other stuff. Have fun☺!

# 33 24-05-2011 , 02:45 AM
Lifetime Member
I think you will also find mate that banana's are all different shapes and sizes...and even colours....I think going for the PERFECT shaped banana will just make it look like a generated thing...having a few flaws in objects is not always a bad thing. Hope you havent stopped making it???

cheers bullet

as Mastone pointed out...Google some more...thats how I learnt basic UV myself....there are plenty out there.

I did this in half an hour with just a pentagon face and extrusions mate..then I would use PS to texture it.

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 24-05-2011 at 03:59 AM.
# 34 24-05-2011 , 05:01 AM
Lifetime Member
here is the Photoshop texture...nothing is perfect in this mate but with a little snooping on the net and experimentation and I think you will crack it. Half the job is just research and looking at LOTS of images LOL...fun for some.....

cheers bullet

P.S for the bowl you could use both NURBS or poly's I dont think it will matter too much.

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes