Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 03-09-2010 , 11:02 PM
Thanks for the comments guys,
yeah, I will get around to roughing up the boots soon, had planned to but didn't have time to do anything much to them this morning so just added a shader so they wouldn't be plain old grey lambert, then just concentrated on the trousers.

I'll do my best to add as much blood as possible for you Speedy...lol

# 62 07-09-2010 , 02:40 PM
Got some time to do a bit today so I concentrated on my characters head.
Well, what I'm actually planning is to use this head for both characters, just change it enough for the "victim" so as it doesn't look like he's killing his twin! lol

I haven't done a head for quite a while so it was loads of fun doing this one, had to refer to a tutorial or two here and there but I think it came out alright.

This isn't exactly what he'll look like, but not too far off either. Will take him into Zbrush and sculpt a menacing expression I think. Still haven't decided whether to have the Hockey mask over his face, or just on his head. Will decide on that later.

*edit*
The tip of his ear may look a little funny, hadn't realised I'd moved some verts by mistake, fixed it now....lol

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dango77; 07-09-2010 at 02:49 PM.
# 63 07-09-2010 , 03:03 PM
Looks good Dango. Glad your havin a victim aswell as the main character. I think wearin the mask is more scary than just seeing sum1s face...guess it depends on how ugly he is lol Look forward to seeing more user added image

# 64 07-09-2010 , 03:05 PM
Thanks Speedy,

I'm kinda thinking that having the mask on would be better too, so will probably go that way. Have to see if it looks right on this head actually, will check that now! lol

# 65 07-09-2010 , 03:08 PM
hehe cool.

maybe the mask might also look good ontop of his head with a evil laughin or menacing smile as he welds the chain saw above his head with a flash of lightening comin from the window. user added image

# 66 07-09-2010 , 03:28 PM
That's quite a good idea too!
Will make some decisions at some point.
I tried out the mask on him, I can make it fit easily, but would have to play about with the textures as it needs to be scaled. Still, looks good!

Attached Images
# 67 07-09-2010 , 09:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Yes that is cool Dango LOL...bring on the slaughter!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 68 13-09-2010 , 03:09 PM
Not too sure I'll be able to finish my original idea as work is taking over too much dammit!

But my plan is to finish the main character, model the victim, then see what I can do from there. I have a backup idea for the scene if I do start running low on time, it's pretty much the same as the original but with the victim still alive, sitting on a sofa watching tv, and the killer appearing out of the shadows behind him. If I do that version I'll probably actually make him Jason from Friday the 13th, rather than a fan too.
Just have to see how things go and which one seems more do-able!

For now I'm only just getting back onto the main character again, the topology of his torso was really crappy so am redoing it at the mo.

Attached Images
# 69 13-09-2010 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Lookin pretty cool man.

# 70 13-09-2010 , 08:48 PM
Cheers Ben,

Just wish I had a little more time to spend on it.
I keep having all the ideas and inspiration when I'm at work and away from my pc, and as soon as I get any time to do any I'm whisked away by something again! lol

Will do my best to get it looking as good as possible for the final image though, hopefully I'll manage to finish at all this time!

# 71 14-09-2010 , 02:14 PM
Little bit more done,
I still need to do his hands, which will be large chainsaw gloves so will be modelling them separately, then smooth his body and do some more shaping to it.
But am liking how he's coming along so far. Not sure whether I should try modelling some clothing for his top half or not.
Guess that'll depend on what kind of job I do on texturing him...lol. Might try out an ncloth vest if I do.

Attached Thumbnails
# 72 14-09-2010 , 09:08 PM
Lifetime Member
Looking the consumate madman....good work mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 73 14-09-2010 , 10:06 PM
Cheers Bullet!

Not much of an update since the last, but I have finished his hands, decided on smaller gloves than originally planned, the big versions looked a tad silly....lol

I'm thinking of changing to the secondary idea I came up with, with Jason appearing from the shadows behind someone sitting of a sofa watching tv, and if that is the case then you'll only see the top half of him and the boots and trousers will never be seen! Still, I'm thinking that may be the better of the two ideas so may just go for that anyhow.

Attached Thumbnails
# 74 14-09-2010 , 10:15 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yeah, plus you can still use him as a whole asset for the portfolio, even if you can only see half of him in this image.

Though I can't remember Jason ever wearing camo... looks cool though.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 75 14-09-2010 , 10:41 PM
Cheers Steve!

Yeah, that is true, I can also use the base mesh of his head to practice some characters now too, so I am happy with that.
I doubt he ever did wear camo, this wasn't actually going to be Jason to begin with, seems to have turned into him now though! lol