Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-01-2003 , 05:46 PM

For watkira

You Private message is full....=) cant send a pm....

Hey bud.... I have a kinda wired way of starting a model.. I use nurbs primatives or nurbs curves and shape it a close as I can to the object I want to model

Once I have the shape and proportions, I convert the nurbs into polys. Than its just a matter of tweaking and pulling to start adding the details.... I add detail by switching back and forth between polys and sub-d. Sub-ds are a loy easier to pull than the vertices on a poly=)... Hope that helps

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 06-02-2003 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
mwa ha ha, i prospered from this pm, well.. semi-pm. user added image Thanks kurt! :banana:

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 06-02-2003 , 10:06 AM
Subscriber
lol M.

It is handy to be able to mimic other people's moddeling styles, but you will begin to develop your own variations and techniques as you learn (I have discovered this with me - I'm still learning (well, I guess no-one ever stops learning Maya)).

:cheers:

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP

Last edited by -<{ JB }>-; 06-02-2003 at 10:08 AM.