Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-02-2003 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber

animating a kite tail

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if you guys can feed me on some inputs on how to animate a tails kite so it follows along with kites body.
When the kite body moves the tail would move along with the body. The body and tail are two different objects.

Also how can I squash the body without squashing the tail after grouping them. I know I need to group them in order to have parent-child relationship. But after grouping them I think both body and tail will squash. Am I wrong.

Please advise me on how to remedy this issue.

Thanks in advance.

TC

# 2 24-02-2003 , 06:57 PM
Fort the kite tail you can use softbodies, and for the kite smushing or changing shape use blendshapes.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 24-02-2003 , 06:58 PM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 24-02-2003 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Kurt and ragecgi for your quick reply.

And thank you ragecgi for linking me to exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
TC

# 5 24-02-2003 , 11:08 PM
No problemuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 25-02-2003 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys,

I sent an email to the tutorial site asking a question that I had about the balloon. I thought maybe I could post it here as well.
I followed along up to where it asked to Pick Mask for Particles from the Status Line. Its the paragraph that corresponds with the 8th picture. Can you guys tell me exactly where that is?

Thanks,
TC