Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-07-2003 , 05:03 AM

Installing Bonus Tools

I am trying to install it but I can not get the drawsplit tool to work. I am following the instructions here - https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tm...onus_tools.html

I extracted the zip to my maya 5.0 directory not where the actual program is installed. I get the bonus menu with something called face path split tool but I get a error using it sometimes

When I put in ' drawSplitTool.mel: ' where you run a script, it says it can not find its job ... When I type in ' drawSplitTool:', I get this pen but it does not cut anything

How can I install this

# 2 01-07-2003 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
When you unzip the file, you will have scripts, mels, and other things. You have to stick these files in their appropriate places in your computer. I won't get into detail with it, but it's pretty straight forward. I for one, don't like having the bonus game plug-in appear in Maya all the time because I only use the facePathSplit tool, so I simply source the mel every tim I want to use it.

You can source scripts by opening the script editor and choosing File>Source Script. Search for the fcaePathSplit mel and press ok. Now in the script editor, type facePathSplt. You will get an error saying that it can't find some image file, but that doesn't mean you can't use it. If you look in your toolbox, you'll see that the bottom box is empty. This is actually the facePathSplit tool. Whenever you want to use it again, either select that box or type facePathSplit into the command line or script editor again.

# 3 02-07-2003 , 07:35 AM

Originally posted by Darkware
You have to stick these files in their appropriate places in your computer. I won't get into detail with it, but it's pretty straight forward. I for one, don't like having the bonus game plug-in appear in Maya all the time because I only use the facePathSplit tool, so I simply source the mel every tim I want to use it.

Actually, the install of all these scripts are not like installing most others ... the docs even say this, just wish they were clearer

I got it to work, I think, but I can see why they are not included in the program because they are buggy as heck

# 4 03-07-2003 , 03:43 AM
I havnt had and problems with that tool before... What are the error messages your gettting in your bugs?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!