Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-09-2004 , 09:23 PM

manga

someone lent me the ghost in the shell and ghost in the shell 2nd gig series... and... huh... after having a popcorn evening... im surprised... the average level of the scripts are very good...

now, i quitted watching manga some time ago because of the general level of crappynes in the scipts... if theres some manga fan here... is there more stuff with a good script worth watching out there?

Last edited by dragonfx; 07-09-2004 at 09:28 PM.
# 2 07-09-2004 , 09:28 PM
I dont know about manga but one anime if enjoyed recently has been Naruto. Its really well drawn lots of great charactor detail but its a little violent.(about ninjas) but one of the best ninja series ive seen.

I might be able to hook you up with some of the eps(i have 1-99)

English Subs

# 3 07-09-2004 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
Hellsing has to be my favourite series and Vampire Hunter D my favourite movie.

# 4 07-09-2004 , 09:56 PM
Samarai X and rouroni kenshin are pretty good. but as you can tell i like violent, ninja, or samarai based ones.

But tenchi is cool aswell.

# 5 07-09-2004 , 11:40 PM
I'd also second the Kenshin OVAs and Vampire Hunter D. Add Ninja Scroll to that as well.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 07-09-2004 , 11:46 PM
as far as manga goes i can read it all day but i never bye em cous i finish them so fast =P i did really like the neon genisis evangelion manga far more than the anime, mostly becouse it had alot of things in it that the anime did not even tho its the same story
but as far as anime goes, Furi Kuri is most definently amung my all time fav's XDDDD

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 7 08-09-2004 , 02:05 AM
FLCL is cool. Freaky but cool.

I forgot about NGE i loved that anime(have it all on cd's)
And i have all of tenchi, Naruto, Macross(another decent one)

Ninja Scroll is okay, but in my opinion its highly overrated.

# 8 08-09-2004 , 08:40 AM
I'm a Kenshin fan (mainly the ova series), i loved Akira, Vampire Hunter D: blood lust was pretty sweet as well.... Ninja Scroll was boring to me... i really didnt like it all that much.. but i'm sure many would say Akira is over rated (so to each their own opinion right?) i still need to see the rest of the NGE series...
does anyone know anything about Full Metal Alchamist? i heard that was supposed to be good also. How many episodes is it supposed to be?
i thought about trying Naruto... but its 90 episodes long (that was the highest i saw).. which is waaaaaaay to many

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 9 08-09-2004 , 12:15 PM
I loved Get Backers - a simple but wel done and very exciting anime.. When I wathced the first episode I was compleetly hooked. (I tjhink 52 episodes)

Also Chrno Crusade is goor - that has Demons and Devils and is also a good episode (26 episodes)

Also Helsing is an ecellent serie - love the atmosphere of the series and has a good story

Or Full Metal Panic - a high schoool/ military serie - good humor serie

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 10 08-09-2004 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
I liked Ninja Scroll but i still agree with twisteddragon33 that it is overrated.

# 11 08-09-2004 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
Demon-Eyes Kyo aka Samurai Deeper Kyo is stylish.

The fine story details in it is hard for me to follow because it's very very japanese manga culturesque. The basics are dead obvious tho. Kyo leads a tranquill life, but just like Zatoichi you shouldn't really mess with him. He's possessed by a demon/legend (killer of a thousand men in one night), his eyes go red and berserk mode on. Know you asked for good scripts, which this isn't to me, but it's so immensly stylish that you still have to see it user added image

The series starts out in feudal Japan with many of the historical heroes of their culture. The Tokugawa who unified Japan under his Shogunate, Yukimura Sanada, Nobunaga Oda and so on. I don't have time to follow series, but those who did said it started out great, but towards the end it gets really out of control in a negative way. Sort of loosing it hehe.

All in all 10 out of 10 for style, Good character design, great animation. Story others are better suited to have an oppinion on hehe.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 12 08-09-2004 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber
Wanted to show you the cool bad guys that speaks with a snake's tongue and have Sake bottles labeled XXX, but
here's some of the style of Kyo.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 13 09-09-2004 , 01:00 AM
Yeah naruto(the ones that are fansubbed) only goto 99.

I have them all but the files are large, Takes up well over 14 gigs on my harddrvie for the whole series.(not even finished either.

But each episode is such high quality and the show in general is such high quality i think its acceptable.,

# 14 11-09-2004 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber

The Salvation Prophecy
# 15 02-10-2004 , 05:50 PM
ive been reading naruto and its nice, ive never seen any of the anime

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.