Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 18-02-2009 , 09:32 AM
Unreachable for me as well for a couple of days.

# 32 18-02-2009 , 09:33 PM
I would love the link to the tut you are following as im working on a concept car aswell and could always use the help. You can PM is to me if you like, or send me the link on AIM, sublimedragon33

Also i think a small spoiler would fit the vehicule well. something more like the ones off the 2004 Honda Civics, or maybe the toyota celicas, low profile, somewhat form fitting really work well with that body style.

As for the only thing that looks weird to me in the grill but you said you still have polishing out to do(i generally work on the grill and small details last too), but ill follow this, ide like to see where is goes.

# 33 19-02-2009 , 06:26 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
i meant a tut for studio lighting ill email you the tut its a small pdf file dont have a tut for concept cars im playing it by trial and error

# 34 19-02-2009 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
the last image of your car i just saw is looking great!

Far far far be it for me to crit it, but i was once told a great golden rule about modeling anything with panels, never change the direction of an edge to coinside with a panel gap, make sure your panel gaps are offset slightly from the begining of any curves , bulges or general changes in direction of the contours, otherwise the mesh smooth etc will accentuate the effect.

Im thinking of where the back wheel arch begins to curve after the back door panel gap...

very good lighting on your render by the way!

free memory low..exception thrown
# 35 02-03-2009 , 01:32 AM
hey,
my only crit, would be the front kidneys (grills). On a 5er they are much more round than you have yours. You have a square casing with round grills inside. Try and make the whole thing round. That will make the front look alot more realistic.

# 36 11-03-2009 , 07:14 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
worked on the back trying to remove the wierd bumps

Attached Thumbnails
# 37 11-03-2009 , 07:17 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
changed the bumper again

Attached Thumbnails
# 38 11-03-2009 , 07:21 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
and a test render

Attached Thumbnails